Friday, January 27, 2012

My husband is my best kept secret...

One day I received a package on my front door step... it was a gift from my husband. And in the HUGE box were clothes, shoes, and accessories he purchased on a close out sale!! 
He is my best kept secret when it comes to my wardrobe
 I would say that 75% of the time I have on something he gave me... whether it's shoes, accessories, hats, scarves, dresses, sweaters- you name it...he does good work. I heart him. 

Not only does he have pretty good taste but he is such a smart bargain shopper...I am over at Here  today talking about his Bargain Tips...I will be highlight each one individually for my Truly Modly Deeply readers this year!









Here are two looks under $35 that I put together from the items in the box.
















Want to be a fashionista without breaking the bank?

-Shop at your local thrift or consignment shop (if you can get over them previously being worn…there are amazing things!)

 
-Try discounted stores such as TjMaxx, Ross, Marshalls, or Burlington Coat Factory (Be prepared to dig a little…but it is so worth it!)

 
-Go to the Clearance rack first of any store (including the stores mentioned above)

 
-Subscribe to websites that promote daily deals (ie, Zulily.com, dealnews.com, 6pm.com,whiskeymilitia.com )

 
-Have a “Dust Collector Party” with friends where you trade clothes you don’t want anymore (I have never hosted one of these parties myself…but will do it and report back)

-Vintage is the rage- so, go through your grandmother’s closet (with permission of course)

 
-Buy things at the end of the season sale for the next season (especially your classic basics that won’t be out of style)


-Shop at the outlet stores (especially during their sale season before and after holidays)


-Sew your own clothing and accessories (I need help in this area)

 
-Reuse parts of old clothing to create something new (bring crafting into your wardrobe)

 
-Add an inexpensive accessory to change the look (my favorite and easiest thing to do)

 
-Shop at a local vintage shop or flea market (there are some real treasures waiting for you)

 
-Subscribe to emails of your favorite stores to be aware of the mega sales (maybe have a designated email account for this one)



xo

1 comment: